Monday, July 8, 2013

My 7-Day Crash Diet

We've all been in those situations before - your graduation/wedding/big event is in a week, and you've got to shed some weight to fit into that dress/tux/slim-fit garment. 


Being a performer, I need to maintain my weight on a regular basis. It's really easy to gain weight, especially on tour, where you need to have that extra sugar rush to perform. But at the end of the day, I still need to fit into my costume, so what did I do?

Today I'm going to share with you my secrets to losing 10 pounds in a week. That's right, 10 pounds in 7 days.

First of all, be warned - there's no easy way to do this. I.e. Hypnosis, grapefruit diets, homeopathic remedies simply don't work. Like the adage goes, "No pain, no gain". You've got to have a mentality of "I need to lose these pounds now!" imprinted in your head, at least for the entire duration of your diet. And DON'T reward yourself for your "hard work" until you've really shed the pounds.

**************----------------------------------------------------------------------------------**************

And now - my secret crash diet to losing 10 pounds in a 1 week. Are you ready?

For one week, all I ate were basically fruits and yogurt. The only carbs I'd take in were at breakfast, where I'd have only one piece of toast with a dollop of jam. And a cup of black coffee, with absolutely no sugar or cream.


Around 10-11am, I'd have a little snack with 10 pieces of cashews, almonds and walnuts for some protein. For lunch, a nice Greek or Kefir yogurt. Then I'd snack on 2-3 fruits like apples, blueberries, banana, orange, or peach until 5pm. 5pm was my cutoff time to eating anything.


As for exercise, I'd usually take a walk in the mid-afternoon around 3-4pm to maintain my metabolism and circulation. I've found that you really don't need intense exercise to keep your weight down, because that usually gains lots of muscle mass which is hard to lose.

So that's my simple yet effective diet. I'd like to remind you though that you WILL get hungry - maybe even pass out - after 5, so it's a good idea to drink lots of hot water to keep you hydrated and make you feel full.



Also, willpower is important - by the middle of week when you start feeling like you can't do it, is exactly when you should give yourself that extra push to keep on going, because that's when your body is becoming weak from losing all that weight. 

Finally, once you've lost all that weight, you've got to remember - it's your job to keep it off. (I can help you with that, just subscribe to my newsletter to find out how!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment