Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Powershake Your Way to Weight Loss

Recently for my wedding, I received two Juice Extractors. Not one - two. I figured this must have been a sign to lose some weight.

According to the instruction manual, you can put a whole apple in it and crank out the juice. Well, I didn't want to eat the core as well, but thankfully there is a core mesh filtering system that prevents the core from being juiced as well. 





And it's really easy to use - all you need are some veggies and fruits. 

On my first try, I juiced one orange and a cucumber. When the orange juice came out, I was surprised as how little much could be pumped out with one large orange! But the flavor was so fresh, and it was so frosty and creamy! SO much better than the orange juice you could get in grocery stores.


Then came the cucumber. Just a note, you should drop it in slowly, or else large chunks wouldn't get processed and go straight to the waste bin.



Drop it in slowly, and don't be afraid of the loud cranky waste filter - it's not going to hurt you. 

The juice came out a nice transparent green, and along with the orange it tasted quite healthy. The cucumber dulls down the orange a bit, but adds more water content to the shake.



I didn't need to add any more extras like milk or bananas because it was pretty filling. Just make sure you don't gulp it down all at once, because you will get the hiccups (like I did)!

Other combinations that I've tried and approved are:
  1. Orange power - 3 carrots, one orange, one grapefruit
  2. Fruits Frenzy - one apple, 1/2 cup blueberries, 
  3. Tropical Trends - 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, one mango, one orange

I got a ton of inspirations of juicing strategies from this awesome book!

After a week of juicing, I couldn't stop. Lost about 2 pounds during the weekdays and then gained it back on weekends when I didn't juice =)

No comments:

Post a Comment